Teagasc Pig Farmers’ Conference 201401 January 2015
Proceedings of the Pig Farmers' Conference 2014, held at the Horse & Jockey and Cavan Crystal hotels in Ireland on 21 and 22 October.
To view the papers, click on the links or the full proceedings below.
- Maintaining Growth in pigs weaned from Large Litters - Peadar Lawlor, Shane Brady and Seamas Clarke
- Benefits of Net Energy utilization for pig diet formulation - Edgar Garcia Manzanilla
- Farming Through a Company - James McDonnell & Kevin Connolly
- Delivery of a Veterinary Surveillance Strategy for the Irish Pig Sector - John Moriarty
- Benchmarking Irish sow performance based on average farm output - Keelin O’Driscoll and Peadar Lawlor
- Perspectives of stakeholders in the pig industry on the potential use of ante and post mortem meat inspection as a pig health and welfare diagnostic tool - Laura Boyle and Dayane Teixeira (Teagasc); Catherine Devitt and Alison Hanlon (UCD); Niamh O’Connell (QUB); Mark Hawe, (CAFRE)
- The Link Between Feed and Salmonella - Anne Marie Burns, Geraldine Duffy, Gillian E. Gardiner and Peadar G. Lawlor
- Salmonella reduction in pig herds and pork – The Danish Experience - Jan Dahl, DVM, Chief adviser, Danish Agriculture & Food Council
- Live Records for Benchmarking - Gerard McCutcheon and Kaitlynn Glover
- Composting Dead Pigs - Amy Quinn & Ciaran Carroll
- Rodent Control - Michael McKeon
You can view the full report by clicking here.
Updated January 2015