Saskatchewan Pork Industry Symposium 201403 February 2015
The latest Saskatchewan Pork Industry Symposium was held in Saskatoon on 18 and 19 November 2014.
Click on the links below to access the presentations:
- Messaging and Consumers: Understanding the Ag Advocacy Problem - Andy Vance, Feedstuffs c/o Penton Farm Progress Livestock Group
- Can We Save More At-risk Pigs? - Dr Mark Jacobson, DVM, Warman Veterinary Services
- Piglet Processing, General Pain Management and Euthanasia - Dr Bob M. Friendship, University of Guelph
- Success with Group Sow Housing - Dr Jennifer Brown, Prairie Swine Centre Inc.
- The Smart Pig Handling Videos: Key Concepts - Nancy Lidster, DNL Farms Ltd.
- Pig Trace in Action: Accomplishments to Date - Jeff Clark, PigTrace Canada
- Lessons Learned from PEDv - Dr Brad Chappell, BSA, DVM, Swine Health Professionals
- Oral Fluids Testing to Detect Disease - Dr Susan Detmer, DVM, Western College of Veterinary Medicine
- Feral Swine: A Potential Serious Threat to Domestic Pig Producers - Dr Ryan Brook, PhD, University of Saskatchewan
- The Global Market: How Does Canada Stay in the Game? - Ron Davidson, Canadian Meat Council
- The Drive to Heavier Weight Pigs - Brandon C. Fields, Pig Improvement Company (PIC)
- Economics and Challenges for the North American Pork Industry - Kent Bang, AgStar Financial Services
- Building a You-Tube-Proof Pork Industry - Andy Vance, Feedstuffs c/o Penton Farm Progress Livestock Group.