If you wish to contact CEVA SANTE ANIMALE. please visit their contact page
Suspension for injection.
Gilts, sows and boars.
For active immunisation of breeding pigs (sows, gilts and boars) against porcine parvovirosis, to reduce the number of stillbirths and mummified piglets, and against erysipelas to reduce or prevent clinical symptoms.
The onset of immunity is obtained from 2 to 3 weeks after the primary vaccination.
A duration of immunity up to 9 months and 11 months following vaccination has been proven for the parvovirus component and the erysipelas component, respectively.
Primary vaccination against porcine parvovirosis should not be carried out in the presence of maternally derived antibodies. Vaccinate only healthy animals.
Vaccination can occasionally cause reactions of hypersensitivity in some animals, particularly in those animals sensitised by the erysipelas infection. In such case, appropriate treatment such as adrenaline should be provided.
Rarely, vaccination can induce a small local reaction
The vaccine is safe for use during pregnancy and lactation. However, avoid vaccination during the 3 weeks following service mating.
No information is available on the safety and efficacy on the concurrent use of PARVORUVAX with any other vaccine.
It is therefore recommended that no other vaccine be administered within 14 days before or after vaccination with PARVORUVAX.
- Primary vaccination against porcine parvovirosis should not be carried out in the presence of maternally derived antibodies.
- Vaccinate only healthy animals
- Store between +2oC and +8oC, protected from light.
- Shake well before use.
- Apply usual aseptic procedures.
- Use sterile and antiseptic- and/or disinfectant-free equipment for injection purposes.
- Apply usual procedures for the handling of animals.
- Inject one 2-ml dose by deep intramuscular injection into the neck muscles behind the ear, to animals of at least 6 months of age
- Basic vaccination scheme 2 doses with a 3- to 4-week interval,
- the second dose being given at least 2 weeks before service mating.
- Re-vaccination scheme 1 dose every six months (in females, during the week preceding weaning).
Product indications, usage instructions & withdrawal periods may vary by Country.
Always follow label instructions and consult your veteriarian or pig health adviser.
This page contains information on veterinary pharmaceutical and biological products that are sold in several different countries and areas where they may be marketed under different trade names and pursuant to different regulatory approvals. Accordingly, ThePigSite and CEVA SANTE ANIMALE give no guarantee that the details presented are correct with respect to all locations.