Position: Genetic Services Manager
Location: Hendersonville, Tennessee
Industry: Agriculture Fishing and Forestry
Corporate Vision: Pioneering animal genetic improvement to help nourish the world.
Reports To: The position reports directly to the Genetic Services Manager
Position Location: Hendersonville, Tennessee
Objective: This position is responsible for designing, developing and executing genetic services to PIC’s internal and external customers in North America; the objective of genetic services is to increase the success of our customers by maximizing the value and realization of impact of new genetic technologies and dissemination strategies. This dynamic position requires strong technical communication skills to support and position PIC Genetic Improvement Program to sophisticated customers.
- Provide Genetic Services to PIC customers in North America – with PIC Account teams understand customer goals and objectives; design product combinations and genetic service programs that meet those objectives
- Provide Genetic Services to PIC Sales and Technical Services – develop training and support materials on PIC products and genetic programs; explain the benefits of new technologies and enhancements to PIC products and genetic programs
- Global Genetic Services – participate in development, enhancement and execution of routine genetic services to PIC internal and external customers that include:
- Remain current in area of responsibility through establishing a network of industry and academic contacts, studying literature and attending scientific and industry meetings.
- Hold confidential all product and program proprietary knowledge.
- Product performance forecasting through modeling
- Pre- and post-sale Sire selection
- Dam-line dissemination within customer systems
- Routine reporting to customer and account teams
Note: Description may not be all-inclusive.
- Ability to work independently and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Understanding of genetic improvement technologies
- Good communicator; both verbal and written
- Knowledge of pig production preferred
- Experience with processing and analyzing data
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Ability and willingness to travel and work in a variety of production environments (farms, processing facilities, etc).
- Advanced degree required; Animal Breeding and Genetics experience preferred
- Speak English fluently
Interested candidates can submit their resume by clicking here