- Maximum Growth Rate.
- Excellent Feed Intake.
- Excellent Feed Conversion Efficiency.
- Maximum ADG.
- High Kill Out % & Carcass Yields.
- Maximum Hybrid Vigour & Disease Resistance.
- Superior Piglet Viability.
- Excellent Meat Quality.
- High Health Status.
Hermitage now has one of the largest high health terminal boar nuclei with over 1,200 GGP sows producing the MAXGRO™ boars for Hermitage AI Stations worldwide. Using Embryo Transfer technology, Hermitage can now introduce the highest indexing MAXGRO™ Terminal lines directly into customers herds worldwide.
Using the Hermitage Mate Select Programme, the target is to improve growth rates in the MAXGRO™ line by a further 5 days over the next year.
FCE of all tested (30 - 110 kgs)
MAXGRO™ Boars = 2.27
Average growth rates of all Hermitage terminal line AI boars standing at stud
Year Days to 100kg
• 10% Increased Growth Rate
• 10% Increased Throughput
• 10% Increased kgs Pig Meat Sold
Important Notes and Links
• Semen available from Top Performing Hermitage Terminal Line boars to support your farm specific breeding programmes.
• Fresh and Frozen semen supplied from Hermitage High Health, ISO9001 Approved AI centres.
For more information please Click here to download the Hermitage Genetics Brochure
Monday, August 15, 2016Importance of Improving Food Conversion Efficiency in Pigs
Friday, August 12, 2016Focus on Milking Ability – Maternal Line Index 2
Friday, January 30, 2015Split-Sexing of Finishing Pigs: the Benefits
Monday, December 08, 2014New Maternal Line BLUP Options to Maximise Profitability
Wednesday, December 03, 2014Hermitage Purebred Landrace GGP and GP Females