- Superior Piglet Viability.
- Excellent Conformation.
- Excellent Growth and Feed Intake.
- Low Food Conversion.
- Excellent Meat Quality.
- High Kill Out % and Carcass Yields.
- High Lean Growth and Primal Yield.
- Halothane Negative.
- Max. Hybrid Vigour and Disease Resistance.
- Optimum Libido.
- High Health Status.
All Hermitage Terminal AI boars are individually performance tested and included in the Hermitage Terminal Sire BLUP analysis, generating a unique Terminal Line Index (T.L.I) for each boar. Hylean MQM 55-60™
(Meeting the processor requirements)
The Hylean 55-60 range of Terminal AI boars are specifically selected for a minimum loin muscle depth of 55mm and a minimum loin muscle length of 60cm. Loin depth, area and length are measured using ultra-sound and the Hermitage Loin Meter. The Hermitage 'HYLEAN' breeding programme has focused on reduced back-fat, improved eating-quality and increased muscle yield in the key primal cuts of the carcass (ham, loin, belly and shoulder), thereby maximizing the benefits to the producer, processor and consumer.
Performance of Hylean MQM Boars
(Test from average of 40kg to 120kg)
Important Notes and Links
• Semen available from Top Performing Hermitage Terminal Line boars to support your farm specific breeding programmes.
• Fresh and Frozen semen supplied from Hermitage High Health, ISO9001 Approved AI centres.
For more information please Click here to download the Hermitage Genetics Brochure
Monday, August 15, 2016Importance of Improving Food Conversion Efficiency in Pigs
Friday, August 12, 2016Focus on Milking Ability – Maternal Line Index 2
Friday, January 30, 2015Split-Sexing of Finishing Pigs: the Benefits
Monday, December 08, 2014New Maternal Line BLUP Options to Maximise Profitability
Wednesday, December 03, 2014Hermitage Purebred Landrace GGP and GP Females