ThePigSite Recipe Section
Tangy Orange Marinated Pork Tenderloin ChopsBy thePigSite.com
As the BBQ season is upon us it was suggested we should have some suitable recipes. Here's the first one.
Ingredients (serves 2 - 4)2 - 4 juicy pork tenderloin chops
Marinade (makes enough for approx. 950g or 2 lbs of meat)one large or two small oranges
1 tbls lemon juice
1 tbls dark doy dauce
1 tbls olive oil
1 tsp brown sugar
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tbls chilli sauce (or 1 tsp chilli powder)
2 tbls chopped fresh coriander
Pork loin chops Marinated chops Chops being BBQ'd
Preparation1. Remove the zest from the skin of the orange(s), this can be done using a grater or zest tool then slice the orange(s) in two and squeeze out the juice.
2. Place the orange and lemon juice, zest, olive oil, soy, sugar, garlic, chilli and coriander in a bowl and mix to together make the marinade.
3. Pour half the marinade into a flat dish just big enough for the tenderloin chops.
4. Place the loin chops in the marinade and pout the remainder on top of the chops. Ensure the meat is well covered in the marinade.
5. Cover and marinade for 2 hours at room temperature, or for 24 - 48 hours in the fridge.
Cooking6. Cook the loin chops on the BBQ until cooked through. Use any spare marinade for basting whilst cooking.
7. Ensure chops are properly heated and cooked.
Cook's TipsIf you are not too keen on spicy food, use a mild chilli sauce/powder. Remember never re-use left over marinade due to the risk of food poisoning.
Sauce Option: If you would like some nice tangy stir fried vegetables with the chops (or just a sauce), make twice the quantity of the marinade mix, using half to marinade the meat and reserving half for the stir fry/sauce.