ThePigSite Recipe Section
Bacon Wrapped, Apricot Stuffed Pork SausagesBy thePigSite.com
Fresh pork sausages stuffed with dried apricots, wrapped in streaky bacon and BBQ'd to perfection.
Ingredients (serves 3-4)
Cut sausages open, spread on mustard, stuff with apricots.
Wrap sausages in bacon and secure with cocktail sticks
Finally BBQ and enjoy!
8 large pork sausages
Preparation1. Slice the pork sausages down the middle about ¾ of the way down and open up.
2. Spread French mustard into the sausage openings.
3. Stuff the dried apricots into the sausages and squeeze back together.
4. Wrap the sausages with the streaky bacon and fix with cocktail sticks.
Cooking5. EITHER - Place on BBQ and cook until ready.
6. OR - Place under a medium hot grill (broiler) and cook until ready.
7. OR - Heat the oven to 180°C (360°F) or 160°C (320°F) for a fan assisted oven. Place in a dish in the pre-heated oven and roast for approx. 30 minutes until ready.
Cook's TipsGreat BBQ starter, just remember that the cocktail sticks are in the sausages as the ends will burn away on the BBQ.
Serving SuggestionsGreat BBQ dish, alternatively goes great in a hot dog roll or bread bun.
Can also be used to accompany the turkey at Christmas Dinner.