ThePigSite Recipe Section
Roast Pork Loin Chops and VegetablesBy thePigSite.com
A great quick and easy dish of coriander and pepper marinated loin pork chops roasted with Onions and your favourite selection of seasonal vegetates. So simple (despite the long text)!
Marinated meat, buttered
onions, and chopped veg
drizzled with olive oil
The Whole, Roasted
Making the gravy
On the plate awaiting gravy!
Ingredients (serves 3-4)4 loin pork chops
lashings of oilve oil
Marinade1 tbls corriander seeds
6 black pepper corns
50ml (2 floz) soy sauce
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 tsp sugar
Vegetables of your choice:2 red onions, butter and thyme
1 red, 1 green, 1 yellow pepper
carrots sliced longways
Potatoes of choiceFrozen roast potatoes or potato frittas etc. are quick and easy. Alternatively do proper roast spuds.
Preparation1. In a pestle and mortar crush the coriander seeds and black peppercorns
2. In a small bowl mix the crushed seeds, soy, sugar and crushed garlic. Cover the chops both sides and set aside for 30 min - 1 hour.
3. Slice the two onions in half, place face down and deeply score several times in a star shape.
4. Sprinkle the scored onion tops with salt and rub into the cuts. Top with a knob of butter and sprinkle some thyme on top.
5. Roughly chop all the other vegetables
Cooking6. Oil the bottom of a large roasting tin with a little of the olive oil.
7. Place the marinated meat, onions, vegetables and if room the potatoes in the roasting tin (if not place in seperate roasting tin and cook as per instructions). Season with freshly ground sea salt and black pepper. Drizzle the vegetables with plenty of olive oil.
8. Place in a pre-heated oven - Conventional 200C (400F), Fan 180C (360F) for 30 - 35 minutes, turning at half time.
9. When cooked, remove from oven and turn out the meat and vegetables onto a plate, keep warm.
10. Make the Gravy: Per the gravy instruction, mix Bisto gravy powder with some cold water, and measure out the correct amount of BOILING water into a jug.
11. Pour the boiling water into the empty roasting tray and, over a hot stove, stir to create the gravy juices. Pour in the gravy powder/cold water and heat until boiling. Pour into a gravy jug.
12. Plate up the meat and veg and serve with the gravy.