ThePigSite Recipe Section
Roast Pork Tenderloin on a Bed of Onions With a Port JusBy thePigSite.com
Prime pork tenderloin smeared in mustard and coated with muscovar sugar, roasted on a bed of red and white onions, served with creamy mashed potato. A beautifully quick and easy way to cook pork tenderloin.
Smear mustard over the pork
Sprinkle sugar on pork and
place on tray
Serve with creamy
Ingredients (serves 3-4)450g (1lb) pork tenderloin
1 red onion and 1 white onion
6 rashers of smoked streaky bacon
2-3 tsp english mustard
2-3 tsp muscovar (or demorara) sugar
3-4 tbls port
potatoes, butter, cream and nutmeg for mashed potato
Preparation1. Slice the onions, break up and mix. Spread out evenly over a small baking tray.
2. Lay the 6 rashers of bacon over the top of the onions around the edges.
3. Smear the mustard all over the pork tenderloin and lay this down the center of the onion bed between the bacon.
4. Sprinkle the top of the tenderloin with the sugar.
Cooking5. Place into a pre-heated oven at 180ºC (350ºF), roast for 25-30 mins.
6. Whilst the meat is cooking, peel and boil the potatoes, for the mashed potato. 7. After 30 mins remove the pork and allow to rest for 5 mins.
8. Pour the juices from the pork onto a small pan and return the pork to the oven. Bring the juices to a simmer remove from the heat and add the port.
9. Slice the roast pork and serve on the onions with mashed potato and the port jus.