ThePigSite Recipe Section
Pork and Pineapple Stir FryBy thePigSite.com
Tender strips of marinated loin pork stir fried with pineapple and peppers - a delicious quick and easy dish.
Prepare the marinade and vegetables
Fry the pork
Add the vegetables and continue to stir fry
Serve over bed of rice
Ingredients (serves 3-4)
Main500g (1 lb) pork fillets / loin chops
Marinade1 tbls dry sherry or rice wine
1 tbls soy sauce
1 tbls oil (*sesame)
2 tsp cornflour
Action points 1 and 2 below now.
1½tablespoons oil (*peanut)
2 cloves garlic, crushed
3 tbls chopped coriander (*fresh)
1 tbls dark soy sauce
2 tsps sugar
250g (4oz.) ounces pineapple chunks, (*fresh)
6-8 shalots, peeled
½ each red, green, yellow pepper
1 green chilli pepper, finely chopped (optional)
Preparation1. Cut the pork into strips about 5cm/2in long. Place in bowl.
2. Make the marinade by mixing the ingredients together and pouring over the pork. Mix to ensure the pork is covered. Leave to marinate.
3. Prepare the vegetables: Peel the shalotts, cut the pineapple and peppers into chunks, peel and crush the garlic, chop the chilli If using)
4. Drain the pork and discard the marinade.
Cooking5. Heat a wok or heavy fry pan over a high heat until it is hot, add the oil, and when it is very hot and slightly smoking, pork and stir-fry for 3 minutes. Half-way through add the garlic.
6. Next, add the pineapple, chopped coriander, chilli, soy sauce and sugar and continue to stir-fry for another 3 minutes.
7. Serve over a bed of rice, garnish with freah chopped corriander.