ThePigSite Recipe Section
ThePigSite SaladBy thePigSite.com
A quick and simple "hot" salad made with pork sausages, bacon and black pudding in a tangy orange sauce served on a bed of crisp green salad.
Cook the sausages, bacon and
black pudding (grill)
Slice the vegetables/meat
Stir fry the ingredients
Add the sauce
Serve with a fresh green salad
Ingredients (serves 2-3)4 of your favourite pork sausages
4 slices of black pudding
4 slices of smoked streaky bacon
1 onion sliced
½ Red pepper, ½ Green Pepper, ½ Yellow Pepper
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped or crushed
Juice and zest from 1 orange
2 tbls soy sauce
½ tsp cornflour
2 tbls olive oil
Freshly Ground Pepper
¼ tsp chilli powder (optional)
Green salad of choice
Preparation1. Cook the sausages, bacon and black pudding under a grill.
2. Allow to cool a little and chop into chunks.
3. Place the cornflour in a cup, add the orange juice, zest, and soy sauce and mix well.
4. Slice up the onion, peppers, mushrooms and garlic.
Cooking5. Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok. Add the onions and peppers and stir fry for 1 minute.
6. Add the mushrooms and garlic and fry for another minute. Season with fresh ground black pepper and chilli powder if using.
7. Add the chopped sausages, bacon and black pudding and stir fry gently for 3-4 minutes until heated through.
8. Pour on the sauce mix and stir fry for a final minute or two until the sauce is bubbling.
9. Serve onto a plate of fresh green salad lightly dressed with avacado oil (or olive oil) and balsamic vinegar.
Cook's TipsThis dish can be made with various meats, swap out the black pudding for chicken or pork.
This dish is great with any good pork sausage. Lincolnshire, sage, herb, apple and cinnemon... etc. Ask your butcher what options he has. We recently found a pork and apricot sausage which is delicious.
Adding a pinch of chilli powder with the black pepper gives an extra bite.