ThePigSite Recipe Section
Creamy Pork Stroganoff with a Hint of MustardBy thePigSite.com
This recipe combines the exquisite flavours of outdoor bred pork tenderloin, mushrooms, onions and a little mustard with creme freche and double cream. Quick and easy. We also offer an alternative by marinating the pork.
Sliced pork, onions and mushrooms
Add mushrooms, onions and wine
Serve on a bed of rice
Ingredients (serves 4)700-800g (1.8lb.) tenderloin pork
450g (1 lb.) button mushrooms
1 white and 1 red onion sliced
1 tbls whole grain mustard
250 ml dry white wine
125 ml double cream
125ml Creme Freche
20g (1 oz.) butter and 2 tbls oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Optional Marinade3 tbls lemon juice
1 tbls lime juice
1 tbls runny honey
2 tsbs Colemans Mustard Powder
Preparation1. Trim meat into thin strips 5mm x 50-70mm (¼in. x 2-3 in.) long.
2. Melt butter and oil in heavy based pan and soften the onion for 3 - 4 minutes.
3. Remove the onions with a slotted spoon to a plate.
4. Increase pan heat to maximum, when fully hot add meat, stirring continuously until browned. For best results cook in two batches.
5. Add mushrooms, onions and wine and bring back to a bubble.
8. Add the creme freche and season with a little salt and freshly ground black pepper.
9. Bring back to a bubble and cook until reduced to a creamy consistancy.
10. Stir in the cream bring back to a simmer and serve over a bed of rice.
Marinate the pork
Cook's TipsIf you have time marinate the pork for at least an hour (ideally overnight in the fridge). Simply mix up the marinade and stir into the meat so it is completely coated.
If you don't have a red onion simply use 2 white onions.
The best oil to use is groundnut.
See also our more traditional Pork Stroganoff recipe in the General Recipes Section.