ThePigSite Recipe Section
Carrots Cooked in White Wine, Mustard and ThymeBy thePigSite.com
Carrot strips cooked to perfection in a white wine, mustard and thyme glaze. A great way to cook carrots for a varied side dish
Ingredients (serves 3-4)
Large knob of butter
1 tsp whole grain mustard
1 tsp dried or finely chopped fresh thyme
300ml white wine
Cooking1. Peel and slice the carrots into chunky strips
2. Melt the butter in a heavy bottomed pan.
3. Stir fry the carrot strips in the butter for 2-3 minutes
4. Add the wine, mustard and thyme
5. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes until the carrots are tender. Keep an eye of the liquid level.
6. Finally, if there is any liquid left cook with the lid off until the liquid has reduced to a glaze.
7. Serve immediately.