ThePigSite.com - news, features, articles and disease information for the swine industry

USDA Cold Storage


28 June 2016

USDA Cold Storage - 25 June 2016USDA Cold Storage - 25 June 2016


Cotton Ginnings

Highlights

Total natural cheese stocks in refrigerated warehouses on May 31, 2016 were up 3 percent from the previous month and up 12 percent from May 31, 2015. Total natural cheese stocks were a record high for the month of May, since the data was first recorded in 1917.

Butter stocks were up 10 percent from last month and up 23 percent from a year ago.

Total frozen poultry supplies on May 31, 2016 were up 4 percent from the previous month and up 7 percent from a year ago. Total stocks of chicken were down slightly from the previous month but up 9 percent from last year. Total pounds of turkey in freezers were up 14 percent from last month and up 3 percent from May 31, 2015.

Total frozen fruit stocks were down 3 percent from last month but up 8 percent from a year ago. Total frozen vegetable stocks were down 5 percent from last month but up 9 percent from a year ago. Total frozen vegetable stocks were a record high for the month of May, since the data was first recorded in 1962.

Total red meat supplies in freezers were down 2 percent from the previous month and down 5 percent from last year. Total pounds of beef in freezers were down 1 percent from the previous month and down 6 percent from last year. Frozen pork supplies were down 4 percent from the previous month and down 6 percent from last year. Stocks of pork bellies were up 7 percent from last month and up 20 percent from last year.

Published by USDA National Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS)

DOWNLOAD REPORT:- Download this report here

Our Sponsors

Partners


Seasonal Picks

The Commuter Pig Keeper - 5m Books