Your Chance to Debate Welfare Issues15 April 2013
UK - Pig and Poultry LIVE will be held on 15 May at a bigger venue, offering more networking opportunities and more trade stands.
Pig & Poultry LIVE is the opportunity of 2013 to engage with a broad range of contacts from across the industry, according to the organisers. With over 90 companies and organisations exhibiting, it is an invaluable opportunity to network across the industry. Click here to see who is exhibiting.
Industry debate - Welfare: science or perception, what's our future?
Join leading figures from across farming, retail and animal health and welfare to debate the industry's number one issue:
- asking....what does welfare mean to you
- challenging....should the future be based on science or perception
- understanding....what this means for the industry and what are the next steps
The panellists will be:
- Ed Garner, Kantar Worldpanel
- David Evans, Head of Agriculture, Morrison's
- Andrea Gavinelli, Head of Animal Welfare Unit, European Commission
- Peter Kendall, President, National Farmers Union
- Julia Wrathall, Head of Farm Animals Team at RSPCA
- Sandra Edwards, Professor of Agriculture, Newcastle University
- Stephen Lister, Crowshall Veterinary Services
Combined with the new format afternoon session on attracting, developing and retaining the best people; Pig & Poultry LIVE is the business event of the year which producers and the wider industry cannot afford to miss.
Delegate places cost £85 per person excluding VAT, including refreshments, lunch and free parking. Discounts are available for ABN customers and NFU, NPA and RASE members.
For more information and to book your place, visit www.pigandpoultry.org.uk.
ThePigSite News Desk