Prairie Swine Centre to Host Webinar on Pig Feeding Programmes10 February 2014
CANADA - Prairie Swine Centre is hosting a webcast 'Novel swine feeding programmes' on 18 February.
Discover the latest nutrition research outcomes and ways we can enhance competitiveness and pork differentiation in Canada, says the Prairie Swine Centre.
The web cast will take place on 18 February 2014 between 10:00 and 15:00, and may be attended on-line or in person at the Arden Park Hotel, Stratford, Ontario.
The meeting will also include a tutorial in Pork Master.
On the Agenda:
- 10.10 - 11.10 Dr Ruurd T. Zijlstra, University of Alberta - Inclusion of Dietary Co-products: Impact on Performance and Bottom Line.
- 11.10 - 12.10 Dr Kees de Lange, University of Guelph - Novel Feeding Strategies for the growing pig: Simple v Complex.
- 12.10 – 13:00 Break
- 13:00 - 14:00 Dr Candido Pomar, Agri Food Canada - The impact of feeding growing-finishing pigs with daily tailored diets (precision feeding) on growth performance, nutrient excretion and feed costs
- 14:00 - 14:30 PorkMaster Demonstration.
- 14:30 Q&A and Closing remarks - Stewart Cressman, Swine Innovation Porc.