Genesus Looking for New Director of Health & Biosecurity12 September 2014
CANADA - Genesus is looking for a Director of Health and Biosecurity to lead the Genesus Health and Biosecurity program and be responsible for its implementation and maintenance throughout North America. The position reports to President-CEO. The location of the position is ideally Manitoba, but could be negotiable.
Qualifications and Experience
- DVM degree from an accredited veterinary college with the ability to practice in Canada.
- An understanding of pork production systems and population medicine.
- Experience with swine disease diagnostics.
- Is a team player, is a self starter capable of working for periods of time in the field with minimum supervision.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Willing to travel both domestically and internationally.
- Knowledge of North American animal movement and transportation regulations.
- Ability to work with large pork producers.
- Experience of working in a multi-country environment and awareness of differing cultures and behaviours.
- Implement and maintain the Genesus Health and Biosecurity Program for Genesus nucleus, multiplication and Genesus customers, including but not limited to:
- Oversee and monitor the health program for Genesus-owned and contract nucleus and multiplication, including health inspections for export accreditation.
- Provide all health status information concerning product sources to customers in a timely manner.
- Establish effective professional relationships with customers’ veterinarians and key production personnel to enable Genesus account plan objectives.
- Perform health and biosecurity audits of the Genesus multiplication pyramid.
- Manage health issues associated with exports to facilitate global dissemination of Genesus genes.
- Facilitate good relationships with government health officials around the world.
- Organize and participate in meetings with customers, and customer veterinarians.
- Remain current in area of responsibility through establishing a network of industry & academic contacts, studying literature and attending scientific/industry meetings.
- Assist in applied research and development of novel health technologies.
- Hold confidential all product and program proprietary knowledge.
Note: This role description may not be all-inclusive.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org; 866-436-3787
To find out more about Genesus Genetics, please take the time to visit their website at www.genesus.com .