US - The Pork Checkoff has an exciting lineup of Checkoff-sponsored events scheduled for World Pork Expo, June 8-10, 2016, at the Iowa State Fairgrounds in Des Moines.
World Pork Expo attendees can stop by the Varied Industries Building (booth No. 122) or the Pork Checkoff Hospitality Tent. This year, the Pork Checkoff is highlighting three significant topics at World Pork Expo. Producers are invited to learn more about:
- Antibiotic rule changes that will take effect on Jan. 1, 2017;
- Pork Quality Assurance Plus® (PQA Plus) revisions and program updates; and
- A new texting program to help producers stay current on industry news and emerging events.
Pork Checkoff Hospitality Tent (north of the Varied Industries Building)
- Breakfast and snacks served daily.
- Free business luncheon Wednesday and Thursday at noon, Elwynn Taylor, climatologist for Iowa State University will present a weather outlook, and Steve Meyer, vice president of pork analysis for Express Markets Inc., will present market updates.
Pork Checkoff Booth (No. 122 in the Varied Industries Building)
- Learn about new Pork Checkoff resources.
- Have your questions answered about certifications and other Checkoff programs.
- Sign the pledge to be ready for the new antibiotic rule changes that will take effect on Jan. 1, 2017.
PORK Academy, sponsored by the Pork Checkoff, will offer seminars designed to educate producers on the latest trends in pork production. For a list of the sessions and topics covered, visit www.pork.org/wpx.
Producers and youth will have the opportunity to be certified in Youth PQA Plus® and PQA Plus® at sessions held in conjunction with World Pork Expo.
ThePigSite News Desk