CHINA - Since 1996, PIC has had a strong presence within the Chinese swine industry. Since that time, the company has been committed to delivering the best genetics and providing technical services throughout the Chinese market.
On October 15, PIC held its annual symposium event in Nanjing, China. To celebrate PIC’s anniversary, the theme of the event was: "20 years in China, building for the future”.
The event was seen as a great success by the audience, boasting more than 250 representatives from China's top pig producers, academia and industry experts. More than 1 million sows were represented at the event.
An array of senior leaders from PIC, the Chinese pig industry, and universities shared their view on the last 20 years and the opportunities for the coming years. Presenters at the event included:
- Wu Gang, PIC China Business Director, opened the conference by looking at the development PIC China and the Chinese pig industry has been experiencing during the past twenty years.
- Ji Chongxing, President of New Good Tech Co. Ltd, a subsidiary of New Hope Liuhe, shared how New Hope Liuhe’s business model and development strategy will help advance pig production in China for the coming years.
- Dr. Juan Carlos Pinilla, PIC Global Technical Service Director, revealed how world-class performance can be achieved by sharing best practices from Thomas Livestock, a US producer, that is achieving 35PSY.
- David Casey, Genetic Service Manager of PIC Asia & Key Account Director of PIC China:
- Introduced the technology platform of PIC’s genetic improvement program. He highlighted the opportunities that genomic selection, genome sequencing and genome editing offer to accelerate genetic gain.
- Prof. Zhang Yi, Genetic Service Manager of PIC China demonstrated how the PIC’s high indexing boars add value to pig producers.
- Prof. He Qigai, Huazhong Agricultural University, gave an update on how improved biosecturity and health strategies can help prevent major swine diseases in China.
Commenting on the event, Catalin Lapuste, PIC China Operations stated: “Today, we are honoring the past and keeping our eyes to the future. Standing side by side with our customers through the years, gave us the opportunity to learn a great deal about this market. We believe that together, through knowledge, passion and responsible actions, we can craft the future of the Chinese swine industry”.
|ThePigSite News Desk||Read more PIC News here|