ThePigSite Quick Disease Guide
This usually occurs where ventilation has failed or in extremely hot weather.
- Uncommon, but as for sow.
- A very high respiratory rate.
- Muscle trembling.
- Skin red.
- Diarrhoea may be seen.
- Rectal temperature may rise to 43?C (109?F)
Causes / Contributing factors
- High temperatures.
- Exposure to sunlight.
- Combined with high humidity and poor ventilation in indoor housing.
DiagnosisThe history and clinical signs.
- Give immediate treatment
- Immerse the animal in cold water or spray
- Dribbel cold water into the rectum using a flutter valve