Albertans Invited to Participate in Water Conversation21 February 2013
CANADA - Albertans from across the province are invited to share their thoughts on water as part of a province-wide conversation. Public sessions are scheduled to take place in 20 communities across the province, beginning 19 February.
This is the beginning of an ongoing discussion on the future of Alberta’s water. Various ideas will help shape the strategic direction on four priority areas:
- Healthy lakes;
- Hydraulic fracturing and water;
- Drinking water and wastewater systems; and
- Water management.
Outcomes will also guide additional provincial strategies; including:
- Regional planning under the Land-use Framework; and
- Development of an Integrated Resource Management System that sets and achieves the environmental, economic and social outcomes of resource development.
Certain options are not under consideration:
- Water will not be sold to other jurisdictions; and
- The current water priority licence system of "first in time, first in right."
ThePigSite News Desk