Virocid Proven Effective against Porcine Epidemic Diarrhoea Virus03 June 2014
US - Virocid® has proven effective against Porcine Epidemic Diarrhoea virus (PEDv) at 1:400 (1/3 oz per gallon) at an EPA-accredited lab, says CID Lines.
PED virus (or PEDV) is a coronavirus that infects the cells lining the small intestine of a pig, causing porcine epidemic diarrhoea, a condition of severe diarrhoea and dehydration. Older hogs mostly get sick and lose weight after being infected, whereas newborn piglets usually die within five days of contracting the virus.
PED virus terrorises North and Central America
Virocid® leads the way to keep the swine industry more healthy and clean!
Virocid was tested against the PED virus and passed it successfully at 1:400, tests were done by an EPA accredited lab.
In today's pig industry, an efficient and thorough cleaning and disinfection is a top priority. An ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure!
Where Virocid is being correctly applied (after a thorough cleaning with a CID Lines' detergent) , bacteria, viruses, fungi and spores have no chance.
The bactericidal, virucidal, fungicidal and sporicidal effect of Virocid is unique in the world and is safe for people, animals and their environment at in use dilutions.
The worldwide success of Virocid is based on the unique synergies of its characteristics:
- EPA-approved as a 'broad spectrum' disinfectant (and registered in more than 85 countries)
- highly efficient to kill bacteria, viruses and fungi
- residual action
- stable stock solution
- no resistance encountered
- very low dilution rate
- extremely economical cost-in-use
- versatile usage: spraying, foaming, fogging, booth dips, wheel dips etc
- active at all temperatures
- effective in hard water (even sea water)
- effective in presence of organic matter
- safe for equipment (non corrosive in dilution) and environment friendly (meets European biodegradation standards), and
- safe for people (low MEL)
Virocid is consistently twice or more times efficacious compared to any other disinfectant. So it’s not surprising at all that Virocid is the number one disinfectant in the world of pig and poultry production! Virocid is more economical, thanks to its low dilution rates. It also offers a wide application range for the daily disinfection in the areas for animal production, food processing, foot dips, vehicle disinfection etc .
|ThePigSite News Desk||Read more CID LINES News here|