ShapeShapeauthorShapechevroncrossShapeShapeShapeGrouphamburgerhomeGroupmagnifyShapeShapeShaperssShape

Zhongpin Leases New Pork Facility in China

by 5m Editor
3 December 2008, at 1:04pm

CHINA - Zhongpin, one of China's leading meat and food processing companies, has entered into an agreement with Chenguang Meat Products Factory to lease a pork production facility in Shenzhou city starting from early December 2008.

Food Business Review reports that the newly leased facility is located in the city of Shenzhou, Hebei province, and has an annual chilled and frozen pork production capacity of approximately 26,000 metric tons. Zhongpin plans to use about 70 per cent of the capacity for the production of chilled pork products and the remaining 30 per cent for frozen pork products.

According to Zhongpin, Hebei province has a well-developed transportation system, which will facilitate its expansion plans to penetrate markets in northern China. The addition of this facility increases Zhongpin's chilled and frozen pork production capacity by 7 per cent, bringing total production capacity to 417,560 metric tons annually, the company added.

Xianfu Zhu, CEO of Zhongpin, said: "We are happy to report the increased expansion of our production capacity with the addition of the leased facility in Shenzhou. We believe this is a significant step in our efforts to capture market share in northern China."