Villagers Taken Ill After Consuming Pork

by 5m Editor
16 August 2011, at 8:15am

UTTAR PRADESH, INDIA - Fifty-six people were taken ill after consuming pork in Shahabganj area here, a medical officer said on Sunday.

The incident took place at Rasia village yesterday when they consumed pork after a ritual, CMO M P Chaurasia said.

According to The Times of India, Mr Chaurasia said that team of doctors was rushed to the village and affected people were admitted to a hospital.

While 38 people were discharged after treatment, 18 are still undergoing treatment, he said, adding that the condition of four were serious.