Small-scale pig keeping: pig transport regulations in the UK

The next instalment in Dr Michaela Giles' small-scale pig keeping series discusses transportation best practice for the movement of pigs in the UK.
calendar icon 18 December 2019
clock icon 7 minute read

"“No person shall transport animals or cause animals to be transported in a way that is likely to cause injury or undue suffering to them”."

young pigs being transported

Dr Michaela Giles

Michaela has worked in the livestock health industry as a research scientist since 1985. She is a director of the British Pig Association and is an active member of the British government’s Pig Expert Group. Michaela is also the author of The Commuter Pig Keeper.

More in this series: Small-scale pig keeping

March 2020 - September 2019

14 posts 1 1 22 >
© 2000 - 2024 - Global Ag Media. All Rights Reserved | No part of this site may be reproduced without permission.